Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am so BORED!

Because I have been sitting at home ever since I got back from visiting campus.  While in the ATX/G-Town area I received my last shot for Typhoid Fever. I also received prescriptions for Doxycyline (SP?)  and Cipro. The D is for Malaria.  The reason it is not a quinine is because the strain of Malaria that is found in Mali is the strain that is resistant to quinine.... yeah my thoughts exactly.  The Cipro is for any type of bacteria that I may happen to pick up. I have enough for three boughts.   I also picked up some special bug creams that contain 20% DEET, but these creams are special because they won't soak into my skin and give me cancer.  I also bought a spray for my clothes that will last through 6 washings!!  All my books have come in.  So now I have to read three books before I leave,  on the 30th.  A friend of mine was recently told by a professor to hide M&M's in a book to 'discover' while they were reading.  I think I am going to do that with Animal Crackers!!! While I read and drink tea.  I have been drinking a lot of tea lately... mainly Tazo teas, because they are delicious.  And they aren't as strong tasting as coffee.  It has been hard getting to sleep at night because I am not doing much during the day. 

Funny story I got distracted when writing this post and am finishing it now

So on Saturday we will by most of the things that I need... There isn't too much but it is the bulk of things that I am taking... More later.

~Thaddeus

1 comment:

  1. *Now* I read that the malaria is quinine resistant! ILY! Mom

    ReplyDelete